Acquisitions Management and Administration
The Historical Society Library is one of the largest libraries in Wisconsin, the American History Library for the University of Wisconsin – Madison, and also a major genealogy reference collection. The Historical Society Archives includes the largest archives in Wisconsin and one of the largest in the United States with collections totaling more than 110,000 cubic feet. In addition to housing comprehensive manuscript and State Archives collections documenting the history of Wisconsin, the archives houses extensive national manuscript collections documenting the history of organized labor, mass communications, civil rights, and social action in the United States, an estimated 2 to 3 million images, and an extensive map collection. The Historical Society is located on the campus of the University of Wisconsin – Madison and provides library and archives instruction and reference services to broad general public and academic audiences.
Describe your training and practical experience overseeing the management and administration of a library and/or archives acquisitions program, addressing each of the following:
1. Budget development and budget oversight
2. Vendor relations and licensing experience
3. Resource evaluation; creation and oversight of approval plans
4. Management and oversight of acquisitions staff
5. Knowledge and experience with e-resource acquisitions
6. Manuscript donor relations and solicitations
7. Familiarity with gift documents and contracts, intellectual property rights, and access restrictions
8. Familiarity with Library Management Systems
9. Cooperation with partnering institutions on shared purchases
Please be clear regarding the nature and extent of your experience.