Thank you for your interest in the Executive Staff Secretary position at the Department of Natural Resources. To be considered, you must have attached a job narrative cover letter and resume. Please ensure both documents are attached before clicking "Save and Finalize" below.
Your resume and job narrative cover letter together should describe your education, training, and experience in the following:
1. Using Microsoft Office Suite programs (e.g. creating Microsoft Office documents, Excel spreadsheets and reports, creating PowerPoint presentations, creating flyers on Publisher, etc.) Please make sure to describe that program that you used, and the document that was created.
2. Providing administrative support for multiple individuals or teams within an organization (e.g. organizing materials for meetings or events, keeping pertinent files/communications organized, researching information, managing calendars, etc.)
3. Composing, editing, formatting, updating various types of correspondence, such as memos, agendas, itineraries, meeting minutes, etc.
4. Event coordination and logistics (e.g. booking meeting places, transportation and meal logistics, etc.)
5. Fleet management (e.g. preparing/submitting mileage reports, monitoring vehicle maintenance needs, initiating contracts with maintenance vendors, etc.)
6. Experience using Salesforce or other CRM application
RESPONSE LIMITATIONS: Your cover letter and resume must be limited to a maximum of two (2) typewritten pages each (4 total). Page limitations are based on margins no smaller than 0.5” and type no smaller than a 10-point Times New Roman font. Pages in excess of the specified limit will not be evaluated. References are not necessary at this time.
The combination of your cover letter and resume must provide sufficient detail to portray your qualifications. It is important that they clearly describe your background so the job expert(s) evaluating your application materials are able to make an accurate judgment regarding your qualifications. Use specific examples to clearly demonstrate your level of expertise.
FINALIZING YOUR APPLICATION: After you have successfully completed and finalized your application, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. If you do not receive an e-mail, you may not have finished all of the steps correctly. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NEXT STEPS: Your application materials will be evaluated by one or more job experts based on pre-determined criteria. The best-qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Please monitor your job cart and e-mail account (including the junk folder) for updates to the assessment process.
QUESTIONS: If you encounter problems in this process, please contact Kayla Weisensel, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-266-6831.