The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), Southern Wisconsin Center (SWC) is currently recruiting to fill a Limited Term Employment Nursing Instructor position.
SWC is a state operated Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. SWC provides a wide variety of programs and services designed to assist and prepare individuals to live successfully in the setting that best meets their needs. Located in southern Wisconsin in Union Grove, SWC brings together a rich history and state of the art treatment approaches for the new millennium. Click here to see what working at SWC is all about!
This is a flexible part time position with the ability to pick up additional hours (with no required additional overtime). Working hours will be 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and occassionally starting earlier or staying later depending on the training schedule for the week. Ability to work on short notice is a plus.
Please review information regarding LTE employment with the State of Wisconsin linked here.
- LTE positions are not civil service classified positions, do not give any rights to a permanent civil service classified position and do not lead to permanent status.
- Wisconsin residency is required for LTE positions.
- No more than 1039 hours may be worked in a 12 month period.
This position works with fellow nursing instructors to implement an orientation program for new RN, LPN and CNA staff at SWC, and participates in general ongoing training for all staff. This position will perform some direct client/patient care of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
All applicants will be required to allow the Department of Health Services to conduct a background check to determine whether the circumstances of any convictions may be related to the job being filled.
All appointees will be required to receive a TB test, which will be administered by Southern Wisconsin Center or medical personnel approved by the facility prior to their start date.
Minimally qualified applicants will have:
- At least 2 years of experience as an RN performing direct care activities
- At least 1 year of experience as an RN performing direct care activities in a long term care facility
- Experience providing classroom or clinical instruction in a healthcare setting
- Completed a course in teaching adults or supervising nurse aides
Well qualified applicants will have:
- Experience with the regulations and guidelines that pertain to ICF/IID long-term care facilities
- Experience developing instructional materials to enhance learning experiences and education
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume with the Job Announcement Code in the subject line to Nick Garcia, HR Assistant at NicholasA2.Garcia@dhs.wi.gov
Please note: Important communication regarding this recruitment will be sent via email.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce. Veterans are encouraged to apply. For complete information on veterans’ hiring programs that may benefit you, please visit the Employment Assistance page on the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs’ website.