The Department of Natural Resources is hiring an LTE - Facilities Repair Worker - Advanced in our Black River State Forest at W10325 Highway 12 in Black River Falls, WI.
The DNR is an inclusive, diverse agency that prides itself on commitment to sustainability and giving back to the community by participating in fundraisers for charities. Come join the Department of Natural Resources where you can contribute to rewarding and meaningful work!
LTE - Facilities Repair Worker - Advanced
This position performs maintenance duties throughout the Black River State Forest including grounds maintenance, building maintenance, equipment operation and maintenance, and some custodial duties. This position will average 32 hours a week and work from late April to late September.
60% - Semi-skilled (below journeymen level) maintenance work
- Tasks include carpentry, masonry, painting, electrical, and plumbing
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on existing buildings and facilities to maintain an aesthetic and functional standard condition
20% - Physical Plant Management
- Work with the Recreation Superintendent to plan and facilitate the Black River State Forest's building and grounds maintenance program in accordance with DNR policies
- Inspect facilities and identify maintenance needs
- Facilitate work through the use of inmates, other LTE employees, and contractors
20% - Repair and Maintain Equipment
- Maintain state forest equipment including conducting standard maintenance
- Perform repairs on mowers, chainsaws, snowmobiles, ATCs, string trimmers, and other small motors
- Perform basic welding tasks
This is a limited term (LTE) position. Limited term positions do not automatically lead to or enjoy the same benefits as permanent employment, but this position does offer valuable work experience and an opportunity to learn more about career opportunities with the Department of Natural Resources and the State of Wisconsin. LTE employees are limited to working 1039 hours within a twelve-month period. In order to be considered for this position, you must be a resident of the State of Wisconsin. Non-residents may apply, but must meet residency requirements upon hire.
Employment will require the selected candidate to pass a background check. DNR does not sponsor work visas, thus, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required I-9 form upon hire.
The DNR is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and public
- Experience with grounds and facility maintenance operations
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and punctual
- Experience operating and maintaining tractors, lawn mowers, and skid steers
- Experience working in one or more building trades
How To Apply:
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Peter N Bakken
W10325 Hwy 12
Black River Falls, WI 54615
RE: Job Code 13584
Application materials will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.