* * Part-time and full-time position available on both AM and PM shifts. * *
These positions will be able to work a variety of flexible schedules and flexible number of hours per shift. We have schedules that fall anywhere between 6:00 am and 10:30 pm.
This position is located at the Department of Health Services (DHS); Mendota Mental Health Institute (MMHI). MMHI is conveniently located on the north side of Madison and offers a beautiful campus environment, convenient free parking and an onsite workout facility.
MMHI is an inpatient psychiatric facility including one outpatient program. MMHI is an integral part of the entire Wisconsin mental health service delivery system. Our overall service delivery goal is to provide specialized services in treatment, research, training and consultation.
MMHI is seeking multiple Custodians to work in limited term employment positions. Please review information regarding Limited Term Employment (LTE) employment with the State of Wisconsin linked here. Of special note:
- LTE positions are not civil service classified positions, do not give any rights to a permanent civil service classified position, and do not lead to permanent status.
- Wisconsin residency is required for LTE positions.
- No more than 1039 hours may be worked in one year.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies and will be posted until the position is filled.
The custodian is responsible for performing a variety of cleaning and maintenance tasks at Mendota Mental Health Institute (MMHI). Duties include, but are not limited to: operating automatic cleaning equipment, such as automatic scrubbers, sweepers, and wall washers, wet/dry vacuums, and carpet cleaning equipment; stripping and sealing of floors; cleaning of toilets, showers and furniture; shoveling snow; and replacing light bulbs.
All applicants will be required to allow the Department of Health Services to conduct a background check to determine whether the circumstances of any convictions may be related to the job being filled.
These positions have physical requirements which may include but are not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, and twisting. Applicants may be required to pass a physical evaluation to assess these requirements.
All appointees will be required to receive a TB test, which will be administered by Mendota Mental Health Institute, Central Wisconsin Center, or medical personnel approved by the facility prior to their start date.
This position requires the following:
- Ability to work scheduled hours as needed, which may include weekends, holidays, early morning or early evenings, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, and able to accept work assignment changes as needed.
- Ability to follow proper safety standards when using chemical cleaning agents.
- Ability to use cleaning tools and appropriate sanitizing procedures.
Well-qualified candidates will have:
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and using problem solving processes.
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, please send your current resume to Michele Sorum at Michele.Sorum@dhs.wisconsin.gov or faxed to (608) 301-1431. Please be sure to address your experience related to the qualifications in your resume. Failure to submit all required materials will result in an incomplete application and ineligibility for this position.
Please Note: Important communication regarding this recruitment will be sent via email.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce. Veterans are encouraged to apply. For complete information on veterans hiring programs that may benefit you, please visit the Employment Assistance Page on WDVA's website.