The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 457 and Roth retirement plans, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting salary range is $96,500 – $104,800 annually with potential to receive annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets.
The City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 43,151 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of City Engineer. This full-time position reports directly to the Director of Public Works and will supervise, direct, and coordinate the activities of the Engineering and GIS Division, including personnel. Position Summary:
Various duties include:
• Developing and prioritizing design projects;
• Scheduling construction projects to be performed by Public Works crews;
• Planning and supervising the preparation of studies in preparation of detailed project plans;
• Managing activities relating to traffic engineering in the City;
• Developing, preparing, and administering contracts for materials and services; estimating quantities of materials required; analyzing bids and making recommendations to the Purchasing Committee as appropriate; ensuring that materials are delivered and specifications are complied with; preparing estimates for payment to the vendor or contractor.
Responsibilities include coordinating policies and proper procedures with appropriate staff and general public to include:
• City Clerk and City Attorney
o plats, certified surveys, assessments, notices, contracts, etc.
• Department and division heads
o scope and feasibility of projects
• Director of Public Works
o interpretation of policies and procedures;
o planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the annual budget for the Engineering Division and sidewalk program;
o establishing necessary supply lists based upon proposed petitioned work and Capital Improvement Program;
• General Public
o providing information and assistance regarding problems and concerns relating to public works and other engineering projects; notifications regarding the nature and length of construction projects; and maintaining contacts and coordinating activities with utilities and others as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with eight to ten years civil engineering experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities;
• Four years experience in a supervisory role;
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Wisconsin, or ability to obtain within one year;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills; able to work effectively with citizens, developers and various special interest groups.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a City application which you can obtain online at www.fdl.wi.gov with copies of required certifications, a detailed resume, and cover letter describing your interest and experience as it relates directly to this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE