The Department of Corrections is seeking motivated and talented individuals who are interested in playing a key role in the provision of professional dental services to our patients.
The Department of Corrections administers Wisconsinís state prisons, community correctional centers, and juvenile corrections programs. It supervises the custody and discipline of all prisoners in order to protect the public and seeks to rehabilitate offenders and reintegrate them into society.
Current vacancies are located at Stanley Correctional Institution. and Green Bay Correctional Institution.
The State of Wisconsin offers excellent benefits such as:
- Immediate coverage in the Wisconsin Retirement System
- Health insurance plans to meet your needs with low monthly premiums
- Immediate coverage under the Wisconsin Retirement System
- Sick leave
- Unused sick time converted to extended health care benefits on retirement
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 4 1/2 personal days each year (paid)
- 9 legal holidays per year (paid)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental retirement savings plan
- Income Continuation Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Worker's Compensation
Under the general supervision of the Dental Director, the incumbent is responsible for the practice of general dentistry and all matters requiring professional judgment. This position monitors dental disease, restores and maintains dental function, and assists in the maintenance of dental health and well-being of the offenders. Duties include the examination and evaluation of the oral condition of all offenders upon admission and at periodic intervals; performance of diagnostic, preventive, adjunctive and emergency, restorative, periodontics, prosthetic, endodontic and oral surgery procedures; referral of specialized orthodontic and complex treatment to community and/or contract specialists; provision of dental health education on an individual and group basis; care and maintenance of dental equipment; direction of infection control procedures and elimination of biohazards within the areas of dental operations.
In addition, this position supervises assigned BHS dental staff and oversees the daily operations of the assigned dental clinics. The Dentist Supervisor assists the Dental Director with assuring smooth interactions between the dental clinic and its health services units and institution. The Dental Supervisor supervises BHS dentists, hygienists, dental assistants, as well as limited term and contractual dental staff at the assigned locations and assures that work performance and quality of care are consistent with community standards of practice, State statute mandates which govern health services in Wisconsin, and related administrative codes including the Department of Regulations and Licensing and Dentistry Examining Board, as well as the Dept. of Corrections and Bureau of Health Services policies and procedures.
Possession of current license to practice dentistry in the State of Wisconsin at and during time of employment.
Must be certified in basic CPR/AED and maintain recertification per licensure requirements.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States (i.e., a citizen or national of the U.S., a lawful permanent resident, an alien authorized to work in the U.S. without DOC sponsorship) at the time of application.
The Department of Corrections will conduct criminal background checks on applicants prior to selection. Upon hire, all new DOC employees are subject to fingerprinting.
The Department of Corrections may conduct pre-employment drug screens. Any applicant who is offered employment in a position which requires a pre-employment drug screen must pass the screen as a contingency to employment. Applicants who fail or refuse the drug screen will not be given further consideration for employment.
- Thorough and current knowledge of the theory, principles and practice of general dentistry.
- Current knowledge of the Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 447 and Wisconsin Administrative Code - Rules of Dentistry Examining Board, s.DE 1.01, and all CDC recommendations and OSHA requirements related to the practice of dentistry.
- Skill in performing required dental procedures. Must be physically able to perform with a high degree of skill the dental procedures described in this Position Description.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, guide performance, and monitor and evaluate the work of dentists and other ancillary dental personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the operations of a dental clinic.
- Ability to function effectively in a correctional health care setting and to treat offenders with respect and consideration for their dignity and feelings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel and services and to function in a team approach to health problems.
- Effectively keeps abreast of new developments in dental and correctional health care, and participates in continuing education.
How To Apply:
Apply on-line in WISCJOBS, http://wisc.jobs/public/index.asp by either clicking on "Log In" to access your existing WISCJOBS Account and completing a Job Search for keyword 16-02882 and clicking on "Apply Now" or applicants new to WISCJOBS will need to create a new account to complete an initial application then apply on-line. You will need to attach your resume to your application in addition to answering one exam question.
If you provided an email address when you created your WISCJOBS account, you will be sent an email by the system confirming that the exam process has been completed. This information will also appear in your WISCJOBS job cart.