Under general supervision the Business Manager-LTE provides fiscal, administrative and operational support to Museums and Historic Sites owned/managed by the Wisconsin Historical Society. The incumbent is responsible for independently developing, implementing and maintaining procedures, many of which are advanced and complex, for a wide variety of fiscal activities. The primary function of this position is financial management using the State of Wisconsinís STAR system. The Business Manager will handle such things as requisitions, purchase orders, and purchase card reconciliation. The incumbent also provides operational support by ordering supplies and equipment, oversight of contracts, and maintaining budget information by reconciling STAR reports.
This employee will also monitor all revenue and expenditures in compliance with State of Wisconsin statutes, rules, policies and procedures. He/she will oversee the collection of and accounting for revenue including, but not limited to, ticket sales, membership purchases, food and retail sales, special event income, grants and gifts.
This employee is responsible for ordering and payment of materials, supplies, services and equipment. Vendors will be independently contacted to resolve all billing discrepancies before payments are processed.
This position will be located at The Wade House Historic Site, located in Greenbush, Wisconsin. https://wadehouse.wisconsinhistory.org/ Position Summary:
This position requires 20 - 25 hours per week with flexible scheduling, if needed, and will serve an ongoing function. Please note, the position does not include paid time off or benefits upon hire.
Duties of the Business Manager include:
- Implement and maintain procedures for all fiscal activities in an efficient and sustainable manner and according to Wisconsin Historical Society and State of Wisconsin policies, standards and requirements.
- Monitor the fiscal year budget by reconciling reports from STAR. Monitor revenue and expenditures in compliance with State of Wisconsin statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Track Limited Term Employees wage and fringe costs and employee hours and anniversary dates for each site to ensure budget compliance.
- Work with the WHS Financial Services staff to prepare requisitions and purchase orders using the correct account coding and track payments. Audit, analyze, and process invoices against receiving documents, purchase orders and State of Wisconsin contracts.
- Calculate and distribute charges on bills that require multiple STAR coding strings.
- Monitor invoices to delete sales tax where applicable.
- Monitor procedures and keep files that document vendor problems as support for late payments.
- Respond to vendor inquiries on status of payments.
- Enter credit card transactions and correct STAR coding strings. Re-code transactions if needed.
- Manage the petty cash fund for each site making sure all receipts and cash equal $100.00. Reimburse as needed.
- Account for receipt of grants and gifts and submit authorized expenses to the Wisconsin Historical Foundation for reimbursement.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of general governmental budgetary principles and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and government fund accounting. Ability to interpret State of Wisconsin regulations and agency fiscal policy.
- Ability to anticipate needs, set priorities for office management systems and synthesize information in order to respond to requests from diverse groups including, agency administrators, program clients, auditors, co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to write accurate and concise financial reports.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create complex spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills and orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Division of Museums and Historic Sites and other Wisconsin Historical Society staff, other state/federal agencies, and outside vendors.
To be considered for this position, candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Jennifer Kolb, Division of Museums and Historic Sites Administrator at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.