The SPD Trial Division provides legal representation at the circuit court (trial court) level. Click here for the trial attorney position description. The types of cases include criminal, civil commitment, protective placement (personal guardianship), revocation of conditional liberty (probation, parole, or extended supervision), sexually violent offender commitment, termination of parental rights, children in need of protection or services, juvenile delinquency proceedings, and others as specified by state law.
To be considered for these positions, please complete the application process as follows:
If you have a Wisc.Jobs account:
1. Click "Log In to Apply" near the top of the job announcement and log into your account. Find and view the job announcement.
2. Click "Apply Now" at the top of the job announcement.
3. Review your Job Application, make any necessary updates and click "Continue."
4. Complete the Job Preferences screen and click "Continue."
5. A cover letter and resume are required to apply for this position. Follow the prompts to create or upload a cover letter and resume and click "Continue."
6. You will be taken to the first page of the exam. Follow the exam instructions and click "Save and Continue" at the bottom of every page. When you have answered all the questions, click "Finalize Exam" to submit your application for this job.
If you do not have a Wisc.Jobs account:
1. Click "Log In" at the top of the webpage.
2. Click the "Create New Account" button and follow the steps to create a new account.
3. Find and view the job announcement. Click "Apply Now" at the top of screen and complete steps 3 – 6 from above.
Application/exam materials that are not complete or are not finalized by the deadline date will not be considered. Following review of your materials after the deadline, you will be sent a notice by e-mail with results of the review. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate further in the selection process.
A first review of applications will take place on Friday, February 8, 2019. All applications received by this date will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted to proceed to the next step of the process.
The final date to submit an application is Tuesday, April 30, 2019.