Are you a Registered Nurse?
Are looking for flexibility and no required overtime?
Are you looking to serve a truly rewarding client base?
Are you looking to supplement your income in a nationally recognized facility for the Developmentally disabled?
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), Southern Wisconsin Center (SWC) is currently recruiting to fill multiple Limited Term Employment Nurse Clinician 2 (RN) positions.
SWC is a state operated Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. SWC provides a wide variety of programs and services designed to assist and prepare individuals to live successfully in the setting that best meets their needs. Located in southern Wisconsin in Union Grove, SWC brings together a rich history and state of the art treatment approaches for the new millennium. Click here to see what working at SWC is all about!
These are flexible part time positions with the ability to pick up additional hours (with no required additional overtime). Employees will have the ability to select available needed days and shifts. Working hours may include a combination of rotating, AM, PM and Night shifts. Availability on weekends and a commitment to work at least 16 hours per week is preferred. Ability to work on short notice is a plus.
Please review information regarding LTE employment with the State of Wisconsin linked here.
- LTE positions are not civil service classified positions, do not give any rights to a permanent civil service classified position and do not lead to permanent status.
- Wisconsin residency is required for LTE positions.
- No more than 1039 hours may be worked in a 12 month period.
Employees who work between the hours of 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. will receive a night differential of $1.40 per hour. Employees who are permanently assigned to night shift will receive an additional $2.50 per hour. Employees will receive a weekend differential of $0.60 per hour for all weekend work hours.
This position performs direct patient care for developmentally disabled residents. This position is responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, administering and evaluating individual care for residents.
Due to the nature of the position, all applicants who may be appointed may be required to allow DHS to conduct a background check to determine whether the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the job being filled.
All appointees will be required to receive a TB test, which will be administered by SWC or medical personnel approved by the facility prior to their start date.
Minimally qualified candidates will have:
- Licensure, or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Knowledge of current general nursing theory, nursing process and nursing standards.
In addition, well qualified candidates will have:
- Experience participating as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Communicate effectively through oral and written methods.
- Experience providing effective direction and oversee the work of other members of the nursing team.
- Experience applying nursing techniques to meet the needs of the specific patient population at SWC.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume with the Job Announcement Code in the subject line to Nicholas Garcia, HR Assistant Advanced at Nicholasa2.Garcia@dhs.wi.gov
Please note: Important communication regarding this recruitment will be sent via email.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce. Veterans are encouraged to apply. For complete information on veterans’ hiring programs that may benefit you, please visit the Employment Assistance page on the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs’ website.