Starting pay for Facilities Repair Worker will be $13.70 per hour (03-10). Compensation includes an excellent benefits package. A twelve-month probationary period will be required. For current permanent state employees, pay will be set in accordance with the State Compensation Plan.
Positions filled with this recruitment are with the Department of Military Affairs (DMA), and will be headquartered in Onalaska, WI. We currently have one vacant Facilities Repair Worker position.
Qualified veterans with a 30% or more service connected disability are eligible for non-competitive appointment to permanent positions in classified civil service under s. 230.275, WI Stats. Ask the HR contact listed in this announcement for information on how to apply under this provision.
This position is responsible for general buildings and ground maintenance and upkeep at DMA facilities in the assigned area, and spends the majority of its time performing minor repairs and upkeep to buildings and grounds areas including building custodial functions. Complies with all regulatory requirements for job performance and ensures facilities are maintained to a high standard. Mows lawn and completes grounds maintenance activities. Plows and removes snow as required. Works at other DMA facilities and performs other duties as assigned.
The incumbent of this position must have knowledge of the safe and proper use of common tools used for building repair; as well as proper techniques and safe practices for maintenance and repair operations. Also required is skill in promoting teamwork and cooperation among coworkers.
If you have a Wiscjobs account:
1. If you are already logged in, go to step 2. If not, click “Log in to Apply” at the top of the job announcement and log into your account. After you have logged in, find and view Job Announcement code 1901437.
2. Click “Apply Now” at the top of the announcement.
3. Review your Job Application, make any necessary updates, and click “Continue”.
4. Complete the Job Preferences page and click “Continue”.
5. You will then follow the prompts to attach your resume YOU MUST ATTACH A RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.
6. You will be taken to the first page of the assessment. Follow the assessment instructions and click “Save and continue” at the bottom of every page after answering the question.
7. When you have answered all the questions, click “Save and Finalize” and then “Finalize” to submit your application for this job.
If you do not have a Wiscjobs account:
1. Click “Log In” at the top of the page.
2. Click “Create New Account” and follow the steps to create a new account.
3. Search for Job Announcement 1901437, click “Apply Now” at the top of the page, and complete steps 3-7 above.
Your resume and responses to the assessment questions will be used to determine your qualifications for this position. Those who fail to attach a resume will not be considered applicants, and will not receive further consideration. Those deemed to be most qualified will be invited to participate further in the selection process. If you have problems with or are unable to complete the online application process, contact the HR Contact listed at the top of the announcement.
Permanent classified state employees who are eligible for consideration (transfer, voluntary demotion, or former employees eligible for reinstatement) must apply through the open recruitment application process.