Provide office and administrative support in a rewarding position as an Office Operations Associate (LTE) for the Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS), Division of Professional Credential Processing (DPCP).
These positions will be located at the Hill Farms State Office Building at 4822 Madison Yards Way, Madison, WI. Our office is located on the West side of Madison and offers convenient access to the Hilldale Shopping Center, University Avenue, UW Campus, and downtown Madison.
Click here to see what working for the State of Wisconsin is all about!
This position primarily works in the Customer Service Center (CSC) answering a multi-line phone system. This position also provides professional and courteous customer service to the public through phone calls, front desk support and e-mail correspondence. This position is responsible for providing credential holders and applicants pertinent information about credentialing, renewals, agency information and various other items. This position is responsible for providing front desk coverage and support as assigned.
• This is a Limited Term Employment (LTE) position and limited to 1,039 hours in 26 consecutive pay periods (1 year).
• Wisconsin residency is required for LTE positions.
• LTE positions are not civil service classified positions, do not give any rights to permanent civil service classified positions and do not lead to permanent status.
• Prior to any appointments for position(s) filled from this announcement, candidates may be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check.
• DSPS does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
A minimally qualified applicant will have:
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
• Experience with customer service including responding to inquiries and/or directing both internal and external customers.
How To Apply:
Apply online! To apply, click “Log In” to access your existing account or to create a new account if you don’t have an account with Wisc.Jobs. Once you are logged in, click “Apply Now.” You will be asked to provide your personal information and attach a resume. Your resume is a very important part of your application at DSPS and is used during our evaluation process to determine your qualifications as they relate to the job. For instructions on developing your resume for your DSPS application and what should be included on your resume, click here.
Please note, applicants who previously applied do not need to reapply to be considered for the position.
Submitted materials will be evaluated by a panel of job experts and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Questions can be directed to Jay Taylor at Jay.Taylor@dot.wi.gov or (608)266-7460.