Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Military Affairs. To be considered for this position, you must complete the online application process.
COVER LETTER: Submitting your letter of interest (3-page maximum) is a mandatory part of the process. It is important that your cover letter clearly illustrates your qualifications. The cover letter will be reviewed for content only. Your letter of interest is limited to a maximum length of three (3) typed pages, single space, no smaller than 10-point font. Pages more than the specified limit will not be evaluated.
In cover letter, please include the following:
Minimally qualified applicants will have training and experience in the following:
1. Grant application process, preparing award documents or monitoring.
2. Project lead or serving as the primary point of contact for a program area.
3. Interpreting programmatic guidance.
4. Providing technical assistance to customers.
5. Working in a team setting to develop and/or revise plans or procedures.
6. Considerable knowledge and experience working in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and Adobe.
Well qualified applicants will have experience in the following:
1. Grant management including application process, preparing grant award documents, and grant monitoring.
2. Developing and/or revising plans, reports and grant guidance independently.
3. Local, state, or federal emergency management agency/department
4. Program or project management.
INDICATING YOUR INTEREST: To complete the online application process, you must attach a resume and copy and paste a letter of interest in the text box below.
CAUTION: If you do not click “Save and Continue” within 20 minutes, Wisc.Jobs will time out and your work will be lost.
COMPLETION: Once you have attached your resume and copied and pasted your cover letter, click the “Save and Finalize” button and then “Finalize” to complete your application. After you have successfully completed and finalized your application, you will receive and email confirmation. If you do not receive an email, you have not finished all of the steps correctly.
EVALUATION OF MATERIALS: After the established deadline, your cover letter and resume will be evaluated by subject matter experts to determine your qualifications for this position, and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. If you submit more than a 3-page resume or 3-page cover letter materials after that 3rd page will not be reviewed.
QUESTIONS: If you have questions or encounter problems with the process, please use the contact information in the Contact section of the job announcement.