New to the workforce, have a change in circumstances, or looking for job advancements? Stop by our booth and meet with agency staff to learn more about job and internship opportunities for Wisconsin State Government.
|March 6, 2024,
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
|UW-Eau Claire Spring 2024 In-Person All Majors Career Fair
|Department of Corrections
Department of Natural Resources
General Career Fair Tips for Success
Before the Career Fair
- Check the event page for a list of participating employers.
- Prioritize the employers you're most interested in meeting. You might need to wait to speak with some employers.
- Research employers that interest you. If you spend a little time getting some background, you can ask very focused and specific questions. This extra effort will demonstrate a genuine interest, as well as help you learn more about the employer.
- Update your resume and prepare enough copies. If you are uncertain of the quality of your resume, stop by a job or career center for professional assistance.
- Prepare and practice your career pitch. Practice out loud with an introduction that includes your name, work experiences, education, and career interests. Be prepared to talk about your skills and strengths.
- Dress professionally and be well groomed, just like you would for a job interview. Avoid strong scents and gum chewing.
During the Career Fair
- Plan your strategy and take a few minutes to review the map and directory. Locate and walk by the employers of interest. Some employers may have longer lines. Approach the employers you're especially excited about when you are most confident.
- Greet each representative with a firm handshake and introduce yourself. Don't be distracted by the noise, other job seekers, or promotional freebies on the table.
- Ask for a business card from each representative and thank them for their time.
After the Career Fair
- Reflect on your experience and continue practicing your interviewing skills. What went well? What would I say differently? Did I learn something about myself? etc.
- Organize and keep track of all your potential job leads. Add business card information and any reminders about the conversation with the representative.
- Make necessary updates to your resume.
- If you submitted your job application(s), follow up with the employer(s).