Wisconsin State Government requires a resume submitted with your job application. A resume summarizes your job experience, work accomplishments, and educational background. Also, a letter of qualifications may be requested. The letter of qualification is meant to introduce yourself as a candidate, provide details of your education and work experience in relation to the job you are applying for, and explain why you would be a good fit for the job. Together a resume and letter of qualification should provide a complete detail of your qualifications as a candidate.
We recommend that you customize your resume and letter of qualification for each job that you apply for. You should describe your education, training, and experience in relation to the items listed in the Qualifications section of the job announcement. Be sure to read the job announcement fully and evaluate the skills required in order to match them with your own skills and experiences.
Your resume should include:
- Contact information, including an email and a phone number
- Any experience or educational background related specifically to the Qualifications section of the job announcement
- Employment history, including work accomplishments and skills used
Your letter of qualification should include:
- Highlights of most relevant skills and experiences related specifically to the job
- Specific examples to clearly demonstrate expertise level and past responsibilities
- Clear descriptions of how the education and past experience relates to the position duties.
- Additional information to supplement and/or expand on the information provided in the resume